Top 50 Innovative Businesses
The Frederick County Office of Economic Development (FCOED) is seeking nominations for the most innovative companies in Frederick County. We have an amazing, innovative, creative business community and we want to show it off in our annual Top 50 publication. These businesses are making the biggest impact on their industries, workplace, and community — thriving in today’s ever-changing environment.
Revealed in January 2023, this prestigious list will be the sixth edition of Top 50 Frederick and will be featured in a stand-alone publication in partnership with Frederick Magazine. Companies will be officially recognized by FCOED with an award at our annual Top 50 Networking Event and will receive free marketing exposure on FCOED’s social media platforms.
To be eligible, businesses must be located in Frederick County. Businesses can self-nominate. Nominations are open now and will close August 8th.
Nominees will be judged based on the following examples:
- Developed new and innovative products (either digital or physical)
- Adopted tech solutions to improve business
- Implemented new methods of production
- Expanded into new markets
- Pivoted business to meet needs of customers/clients
- Developed creative solutions to solve problems
- Introduced new ideas within your business
Nominations are Now Closed
This is a multistep process and we want to streamline the nomination process. At the end of the nomination period, FCOED will contact each nominated business to gather more detailed information about the business. Both the initial nomination form and this additional information will be used to determine the final list of Top 50. Thank you for your nomination!
- Top 50 Businesses – Honoring the businesses with the largest potential to contribute to the county’s economy.
- Top 50 CEOs – Highlighting Frederick County’s top leaders.
- Top 50 Workplaces – Recognizing the businesses that go above and beyond for their employees.
- Top 50x2 Legacy Businesses – Spotlighting businesses that have been in the county for 20+ years.
- Top 50 Under 40 – These young professionals are the up-and-coming leaders of their industry.
For questions regarding the Top 50 publication, please contact: Amanda Lee at AALee@FrederickCountyMD.gov or 301-600-1058.