Every day around 12,000 people at five federal agencies located at Fort Detrick conduct work in biotechnology, clinical and clinical and veterinary medicine, microbiology, biochemistry, pathology, molecular biology, immunology, virology, budget administration, regulatory affairs, security, personnel and administrative support, communications, logistics, maintenance, and resource management.
A nonprofit organization founded in 2003 by COL Mark Hoke, the Fort Detrick Alliance’s mission is to build strong relationships, encourage community engagement in and around Fort Detrick and support the needs of the installation.
This mission is carried out by offering innovative programs and events for businesses and the community to network and engage with each other and representatives from the Federal agencies at the Fort. The Alliance offers networking breakfasts, workforce development and education programs, our annual Innovate & Celebrate gala, technology showcases with regional incubators, including the Frederick Innovative Technology Center Inc. and information sessions to assist businesses in learning how to best do business with the Fort.
The Alliance also works on STEM programming with the Fort and the National Cancer Institute (NCI), including the Spring Research Festival and Take Your Child to Work Day at NCI. The Fort Detrick Alliance is a member organization with more than 120 members, who are both large and small companies across many industry sectors including biotech, infotech, nanotech, higher education, healthcare, retail, government, and non-profit.
Did you know?
- The five cabinet level federal agencies located at the Fort include:
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- The Fort Detrick Alliance is one of eight Military Alliances funded through the Maryland Department of Commerce’s Office of Military Affairs. The State Military Alliances focus on supporting the missions, jobs, and economic impact in Maryland.
- The Fort Detrick Alliance is a member of the Maryland Military Installation Council and our work is done in partnership with the Maryland Office of Military and Federal Affairs and Frederick City and County Economic Development organizations.
- Membership in the Fort Detrick Alliance starts at $100 and includes event registration at a discounted rate, opportunities to engage and connect with member organizations, access to Fort Detrick contractors, and a variety of the member-only benefits.
For more information on the Fort Detrick Alliance visit www.fortdetrickalliance.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find the Fort Detrick Alliance on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.