FREDERICK COUNTY 2021 ONLINE SALES AND TECHNOLOGY GRANT
Grant Applications will be OPEN 11:00 am on October 21, 2021 and will CLOSE 3:00 pm on November 5, 2021*
The Online Sales and Technology Grant Program aims to help small businesses and farms located in Frederick County do business in an increasingly digital economy. The program is funded with $221,546 in federal American Recovery Act funds designated by the Maryland Department of Commerce. Certain eligibility requirements apply (see below).
Applicants that have not received a COVID-19 Business Relief Grant or Loan from the Maryland Department of Commerce, a grant from the Maryland Department of Labor for the purchase of equipment to assist in the expansion of opportunities for telework, or a previous grant from Frederick County, will receive priority consideration. Maximum award will not exceed $10,000.
Funds can be used to assist setting up or expanding an online sales framework (including website) or offering employees telework opportunities. Expenses must have been occurred after March 9, 2020. Eligible businesses can use the grants for the purchase of, or subscription to, digital platforms and services including email and mobile marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), customer rewards/loyalty, e-commerce (online ordering/sales), and website and social media advertising. Funds cannot be used to pay the wages of teleworking employees. Examples of eligible expenses include:
- Website upgrade to include, expand, or facilitate online sales
- New website development for the purpose of online sales
- Purchase of laptops or other devices for remote work capabilities
- Hardware & software upgrade and subscriptions related to the above
- Meet all eligibility requirements as described in the application.
- Have a physical nonresidential commercial location in Frederick County, MD (unless business is a farm or agriculture business);
- Have 20 or fewer total employees full-time and part-time (excludes the owner);
- Have been established and operating prior to March 9, 2020;
- Currently be in operation;
- Provide proof of “Good Standing” with the State of Maryland and Frederick County;
- Not be in bankruptcy or litigation that would restrict the receipt of grant funds;
- Have purchased after March 9, 2020 eligible equipment or services;
- Provide a purchase order or contract to request funding for a future purchase; and
- Submit receipts or other evidence to document requested funds;
*Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-funded schedule and the program will close the earlier of November 5th or when all available funds are exhausted. Individual awards will be based upon evidence of expenditure and number of applications.
The application process is electronic and can be completed at: https://ww3.frederickcountymd.gov/EconomicDevelopmentGrants