This $5 million incentive program helps Maryland manufacturers to produce personal protective equipment and other items identified as Critical Needs Items by MEMA and DGS, that are urgently needed by the State of Maryland, Maryland-based hospitals and healthcare facilities, and emergency and first responders.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Grants of up to $100,000 will be made available to manufacturers to 1) increase existing capacity to produce these critical need items or 2) quickly pivot operations to produce these critical need items.
- Grant awards will vary based on the applicant's total investment.
- Applicants must be an established Maryland business and demonstrate experience, technical expertise and financial stability to implement the proposed project.
- Eligible costs include but are not limited to capital expenses such as machinery and equipment, raw materials needed for production, and operating expenses associated with increased production.
- Funding decisions will be made based on a variety of evaluation criteria, including but not limited to technical capability, operational experience, and the priority purchasing needs of the State of Maryland, with priority given to the product areas of greatest need within the Maryland healthcare system.
- Funds will be disbursed as follows: 50% at notice of award, with remaining 50% paid upon completion with proof of expenses.
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Currently be located, and plan to manufacture the products, in Maryland.
- Be in good standing with the State of Maryland and with OSHA and MOSH regulations.
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly implement the proposed project in order to meet the urgent needs resulting from the COVID-19 response.
APPLY – Click here to apply
- Critical Needs List for Maryland Manufacturers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Businesses
- Latest COVD-19 News from Governor Hogan
- Maryland COVID-19 Case Map and Dashboard and Information
- Maryland Unites - Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic