The Frederick County Office of Economic Development (OED) planned to hold a special awards celebration back in late March, 2020 honoring Frederick’s municipalities for their successful projects and programs in 2019. Due to COVID, OED was not able to hold the event.
The Municipalities Impact Awards are presented each year for the following four categories: Business Attraction, Business Retention and Expansion, Infrastructure and Large Projects and Small Business and Entrepreneurship. Each municipality nominated their programs and projects that occurred in 2019.
The Impact Awards are a way to celebrate economic development achievements. Each of Frederick’s municipalities are uniquely positioned and cultivate a rich history, a diverse business base and a culture that promotes vibrancy and beauty that Frederick County is known for. This week, the Frederick County Office of Economic Development’s Business and Retention team visited our award winners and presented them with their award.
The following are the award winners and their projects/programs:
- The Town of Middletown – for Wrens Nest co-op and multiple new restaurants
- The Town of Mount Airy – for REHAB 2 Perform, as well as the “Tour of Possibilities” commercial land industrial property tour
- The Town of New Market – K.A.T’s Café, Fit2Shine and Commercial Building Contractors
- The Town of Woodsboro – Huff Daddy’s and new scuba center
Business Retention and Expansion
- The City of Frederick – Expansion of EDCO and Dairy Maid Dairy
- The Town of Thurmont – “You Make Thurmont Proud” and Thurmont Bonus Bucks
Infrastructure and Large Projects
- The City of Brunswick – for the Small Area Plan
- Town of Walkersville – Town Water Treatment Facility and Heritage Farm Park
Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Town of Emmitsburg – development of local, state and federal incentives as well as available properties lists for businesses
- Town of Myersville – development of the Community Business Directory
For more information on the awards, please contact the Frederick County Office of Economic Development at 301-600-1058 or by email at email@example.com. Visit www.discoverfrederickmd.com for information on resources available to businesses.