Frederick area businesses were recognized at the Annual Best Places to Work awards program at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center in Frederick, Md., on July 26. More than 100 nominations were submitted, and 10 companies rose to the top after judges completed the scoring.
Five companies received awards in the primary award categories:
- Small Employer Category (1-10 employees) - ECI - Expert Consultants Inc
- Small to Medium Employer Category (11-30 employees) – Immersion Active
- Medium to Large Medium Employer Category (31 -50 employees) – A2LA
- Large Employer Category (51-200 employees) - FoodPRO
- Major Employer Category (201+ employees) – Legal & General America Scoring categories included work-life balance, median salary, turnover rate, benefits, diversity, and professional growth.
The City of Frederick Mayor Michael O’Connor said, “We are proud to have two of the five major category winners reside in The City of Frederick. Work-life balance options are critical, to allow employees to be their best at work as well as at home.”
Frederick County Executive Jan Gardner said, “Great employers add to the high quality of life we enjoy in Frederick County. I congratulate and celebrate great places to work that treat employees like family, offer creative amenities, and exemplify team spirit. These businesses help make Frederick County the best place to live, work, and raise a family!”
In addition to major category award winners, five additional companies were highlighted that stood out for showing that “Family Matters” and providing ways to allow employees an optimal work-life balance.
- Blue Pillar
- BMC (Business Management Company)
- Grifols Biomat USA – Frederick location
- Linganore Wine Cellars
The Best Places to Work campaign is a county-wide program intended to foster efforts to increase quality of life opportunities for Frederick County employees. The 2018 awards program is a partnership among Frederick County Workforce Services, The City of Frederick Department of Economic Development, Frederick County Office of Economic Development and the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, visit www.frederickbestplacestowork.com.