Vibe+Talent+Tech = Your next business location.
Frederick County, Maryland is where vibe, talent and tech meet. During the day, you’ll find a deep culture of innovation and discovery but after the laptops are put away for the day, those same creative minds meld into the diverse cultural experiences for which Frederick is nationally-renowned. From the foodie scene of downtown Frederick, a thriving craft beverage industry with award-winning wineries, breweries and distilleries, and amazing outdoor recreational opportunities throughout the mountains, valleys and rivers that surround the community, Frederick County offers a quality of life that supports both the attraction and retention of top talent.
- 124% growth in tech companies from 2001-2016
- $97,627 average annual wages in tech industry
- 12.4% growth in millenial population growth from 2001-2016, outpacing Maryland and the DC MSA
Frederick County, the City of Frederick and the state of Maryland may offer customized incentives for the tech industries. Please contact our office to learn more.
- No business personal property tax
- Fast Track Permitting
- Five HUBZone areas
- Five Opportunity Zones with Federal tax incentives
- New Jobs/Enhanced New Jobs Tax Credit
- City of Frederick’s Grow Conditional Micro Grant
- Maryland Cybersecurity Investment Incentive Tax Credit
- Maryland Innovation Initiative
- Additional State of Maryland Incentives
- Maryland Technology Economic Development Corporation’s Technology Commercialization Fund
- Tech Frederick
- Frederick Innovative Technology Center, Inc
- Maryland Tech Council
- Maryland Cybersecurity Center