There was no shortage of news from our local businesses in 2018. One service from the Frederick County Office of Economic Development helps companies to spread the word when they have big news to promote. Frederick County businesses can submit their press releases to be distributed to PR Frederick, an online newswire service reaching thousands of media outlets at no cost to the business. This gives local companies and organizations outreach and market exposure regionally, nationally, and even abroad.
When looking at all of the press releases submitted to Frederick County in 2018, we looked at total pickup, potential audience, views, and web crawler hits. Those numbers gave us the Top Ten Press Releases of 2018:
- “Best Places to Work” Businesses Honored at Awards Ceremony (July, 2018)
- Mental Health Association to Host 33rd Annual Legislative Breakfast (September, 2018)
- Town of New Market Named a Main Street Maryland Community (November, 2018)
- Inroads Technology, Inc. Announces the Release of AxiumPro Platform (October, 2018)
- Municipalities and Police Departments to Auction Off Stolen and Seized Items Through PropertyRoom.com (July, 2018)
- National Institute of Health Awards MASAI Technologies Corp a Chief Information Officer – Solutions & Partners 3 (CIO-SP3) Small Business HUBZone Contract (September, 2018)
- GRSi Wins National Cancer Institute Service Management and Support Services Award (September, 2018)
- Frederick National Laboratory Names Chief Science Officer (November, 2018)
- Celebrate the Acceleration of Technology Innovations in Our Region at the 10th Annual FITCI/Fort Detrick Alliance Technology Showcase (October, 2018)
- TEFLEN Holds Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting in Frederick, MD (October, 2018)
Press Release Highlights
“Best Places to Work” Businesses Honored at Awards Ceremony – Several Frederick County companies were recognized at the annual awards program held on July 26th at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center in Frederick. Five businesses received awards in categories based on their size. Nominations sent in from happy employees helped to determine the winners.
- Small Employer Category (1-10 employees) - ECI - Expert Consultants Inc
- Small to Medium Employer Category (11-30 employees) – Immersion Active
- Medium to Large Medium Employer Category (31 -50 employees) – A2LA
- Large Employer Category (51-200 employees) - FoodPRO
- Major Employer Category (201+ employees) – Legal & General America
Town of New Market Named a Main Street Maryland Community- In mid-November, the State of Maryland announced the designation of the Town of New Market as a Main Street Maryland community. After three years of dedicated effort to meet requirements, New Market is now open to new opportunities, including state grant money. New Market joins 30 other Main Street communities statewide.
Frederick National Laboratory Names Chief Science Officer- In early November, Leonard P. Freedman, Ph.D. was named the new CSO at the Frederick National Lab for Cancer Research. Dr. Freedman joined FNL after six years as the founding president of the Global Biological Standards Institute. He brings experience in the private and non-profit sectors, as well as academia. Freedman’s focus is on translating science into medicine to benefit patients suffering from cancer, AIDS, and emerging health challenges.
Celebrate the Acceleration of Technology Innovations in Our Region at the 10th Annual FITCI/Fort Detrick Alliance Technology Showcase-This annual event was held on October 25th at FITCI’s Metropolitan Court location in Frederick. Several FITCI companies shared their work, and representatives from Frederick National Labs presented about technology transfer opportunities that are ready for the marketplace. Guests were able to tour FITCI labs and network with Fort Detrick officials, elected officials, and local business leaders. Major General Barbara Holcomb was the keynote speaker at this 10th annual event.
We look forward to continuing to help Frederick County businesses promote their news in 2019. You can learn more about OED’s PR Web service here: http://www.discoverfrederickmd.com/prfrederick. Press releases can be sent to PRWeb@FrederickCountyMD.gov.