The Frederick County Future Minority Business Leaders Program recently welcomed the inaugural class in March 2017. This 8-month leadership program is an effort to bring minority businesses together to expand growth opportunities through resources, networking and business education that inspires innovative leaders. The Class of 2017 is comprised of 17 participants, including 13 local business owners and 4 students from Hood College, Mount Saint Mary’s University and Frederick Community College, all with one common theme among them – the desire to make a difference in the community in which they live.
Frederick County is rich in culture and diversity, with continuing growth in minority populations over the last few years. From 2000-2013 Frederick’s Hispanic, Asian and African-American populations grew by 316%, 212% and 69% respectively. To respond to the growing diversity of the county, and help ensure that the complexion of the business community mirrors that diversity, the Frederick County Office of Economic Development launched the Minority Business Vision in 2015 – an effort to bring minority businesses together to expand growth opportunities through resources, networking and business education that inspire innovative leaders. The Frederick County Future Minority Business Leaders Program is an initiative of the Minority Business Vision.
Over the next few months, these Future Leaders will be highlighted on the Minority Business Vision Facebook page – learn more about them, and follow their journey at www.facebook.com/FredCoMinorityBiz.
Frederick County Future Minority Business Leaders – Class of 2017
- Cely Argueta, Owner, BNG Consulting
- James Baker, United Way
- Kevin Brown, Student, Hood College
- Judy Buchanan, Serenity Natural Health Center
- Mia Collings, E-Commerce Sylist
- Charles Dorsey, Owner, Dynamic Fitness Personal Training Studio
- Darline Gibson, Student, Mount Saint Mary’s University
- Melanie Long, Owner, About Face Training, LLC
- Jay Martinez, Fidelity Direct Mortgage
- Michelle Nusum-Smith, Owner, The Word Woman LLC
- Sandy Pucciarelli, Owner, Premier Accounting Solutions LLC
- Marlon Ramirez, Student, Hood College and Police Officer, Montgomery County
- Thomas Sligh, Publisher, North Frederick Neighbors Magazine
- Rafi Soule, Owner, Quaicle Technology and Consulting
- Anusha Srivastava, Owner, We PLACE LLC
- Kenyan Summers, Student, Frederick Community College
- Li Zhou, Owner, Chinese Immersion School