Governor Hogan is allocating $50 million to the Maryland Nonprofit Recovery Initiative (NORI) to assist nonprofit organizations whose critical operations have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and state-of-emergency.
The funding will be administered through FOUR funding applications administered as follows by the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) or the Maryland Department of Commerce (Commerce) as follows:
- At least $30 million via DHCD to nonprofit organizations engaged in the economic recovery, health and human services and housing of underserved communities and underserved populations.
Notice of Funding Availability with more information is posted here. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $10 million via DHCD for nonprofits licensed by Maryland Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) and the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).
Notice of Funding Availability with more information is posted here.
Email questions to BHA – BHA.INQUIRIES@maryland.gov; DDA - DDA.PPEApp@maryland.gov
NOTE: The NORI Application for the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) and the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) will be open August 5 at 12:00 pm and close August 19 at 12:00pm at the latest; the portal may close if and when grant requests exceed available funding.
If you are interested in viewing the application questions in advance read this Sample Application. NOTE: This document is for reference ONLY, all applications must be completed and submitted through the online application system
- Up to $8 million via Commerce to nonprofits that have already applied for their Covid-19 Emergency Grant Program but were not able to be funded in the earlier round.
For More Information on Commerce's program, Contact:
COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program Applications
- $3 million via the Maryland Arts Council, based in Commerce, for arts and cultural organizations affected by Covid-19 impacts.
For More Information on the Arts Council program, Contact:
Maryland State Arts Council Arts Recovery Grant
Dana Parsons email@example.com
Applicants will choose ONE of the FOUR application pathways above.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information on eligible applicants, required information and use of funds.
NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY: Maryland Nonprofit Recovery Initiative
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Maryland Behavioral Health Administration and Developmental Disabilities Administration