The first Mid-Maryland Health, Fitness and Sports Expo was held on June 3, 2017 at the Frederick Indoor Soccer Center. Over 50 exhibitors helped demonstrate the latest trends and information in the health, fitness and sports world to more than 2,000 attendees.
Health, fitness and sports businesses are not new to Frederick County - the County’s 613 business health-related businesses employ 11,380 people with an astounding $1.2B in annual sales and revenue. Recreation-related businesses have been increasing steadily over the past five years, now employing 1,744 people and reaching $89M in annual sales and revenue. There are good reasons that Business Facilities magazine ranked Frederick County #8 among the Top Areas for Economic Growth Potential – business opportunities await.
Top 5 Reasons to Locate a Health, Fitness and Sports Business in Frederick County
- Location, Location, Location – Frederick offers excellent market access and ease of business travel. Businesses are within a day’s drive of 2/3 of the U.S. population and a one-hour drive of three international airports and the Port of Baltimore.
- Highly Educated & Skilled Workforce – 39% of Frederick’s workforce has a Bachelor’s degree or higher, the third highest among Maryland counties. Frederick has three top institutions of higher education, offering Ph.D., Masters, Bachelors and Associates programs.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship – Home to many start-up organizations and resources, Frederick provides an eco-system where entrepreneurs thrive. The County has adopted a culture of innovation that is contagious. Frederick Innovative Technology Center, Inc (FITCI) offers business incubation services in two locations.
- Enviable Quality of Life – Whether you’re looking for a day in hip & historic Downtown Frederick or one of our other charming communities; hiking, biking, camping or kayaking at one of our national and State parks; or visiting one of 24 wineries, breweries or distilleries, Frederick offers something for everyone.
- We’re a Healthy Place – Ranked the third healthiest county in Maryland four years in a row by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, this title is based on exercise opportunities, #1 in high school graduation rates, access to quality healthcare and more.
There has never been a better time to start, grow or locate a business to Frederick County. To finish first, contact us at 301-600-1058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.