Frederick County businesses were recognized at the Annual Best Places to Work awards program held at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center in Frederick on July 27, 2017. Nearly 100 nominations were submitted, and ten companies rose to the top after judges completed the scoring.
Five companies received awards in the primary award categories:
- Small Employer Category (1-10 employees) – Thurmont Child Care Center
- Small to Medium Employer Category (11-29 employees) – Imquest Biosciences
- Medium to Large Medium Employer Category (30 -50 employees) – MainSpring
- Large Employer Category (51-200 employees) – Dynport Vaccine Company
- Major Employer Category (201+ employees) – Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
Scoring categories included work-life balance, median salary, turnover rate, benefits, diversity, and professional growth.
“Frederick County is a great place to live and work with so many businesses going the extra mile to value their employees, often by offering creative perks,” said Frederick County Executive Jan Gardner. “Smart business leaders know that their success rests on happy and productive employees. With unemployment consistently below State and National levels, competition is high to retain and attract the very best workers.”
Five companies received special recognition this year for ‘Giving Back’ and were featured in the 2017 ‘Giving Back’ video:
- Dr. Harvey Levy & Associates
- Dublin Roasters Coffee
- Dynamic Automotive
- Frederick Air
- GoodWill Industries of Monocacy Valley
The Best Places to Work campaign is a county-wide program to increase quality of life opportunities for Frederick County employees. The 2017 awards program is a partnership between Frederick County Workforce Services, City of Frederick Department of Economic Development, Frederick County Office of Economic Development, and the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, visit www.frederickbestplacestowork.com.