Made in Frederick County
Frederick County's strategic location at the convergence of I-270 & I-70, a highly skilled workforce, education system, business-friendly climate and infrastructure all play a big role in why manufacturers choose Frederick County. Located only an hour from the Washington/Baltimore metro areas, it is an ideal location for serving the entire eastern seaboard and connections to Midwestern markets.
Stulz-ATS, EDCO, Canam Steel, AstraZeneca, Flying Dog Brewery, Miscellaneous Metals, Wright Manufacturing, RoosterBio and Canam Steel are just a few of the many advanced manufactures that call Frederick their home.
- 178 manufacturers
- 5,080 manufacturing employees
- $80M annual manufacturing wages
- $1,214 average weekly wage per manufacturing worker
- Commercial and Industrial Business Tax Credit
- Fast Track Permitting
- New Jobs/Enhanced New Jobs Tax Credit
- Small Business Loan Guarantee
Business Personal Property Tax Exemption
Potomac Edison/Maryland Energy Administration Programs
Customized Training and Recruitment Services
Connect with us to learn more about locating or expanding your manufacturing business in Frederick County and increasing your bottom line.
- Maryland Department of Commerce
- Maryland World Class Consortia
- Maryland Extension Partnership (MEP)
- Regional Manufacturing Institute (RMI)
- Frederick County Workforce Services
- Port of Baltimore
Maryland Manufacturing Network
Through the Maryland Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) and the State of MD Department of Commerce, a platform for Maryland-based manufacturers and suppliers has been created. This new portal provides “Suppliers” with a central place to list their capability, capacity and willingness to help the healthcare community and State of Maryland to fill gaps in the supply chain. More importantly, the portal provides “Buyers” the ability to quickly identify manufacturers and suppliers capable of supplying the critical and essential items.