Finish First in Frederick County
Frederick County is a place where creativity meets innovation, where people discover bright, new opportunities and where a singular idea turns into monumental success. Welcome to Frederick County – where big ideas grow.
We are a dynamic and diverse county with an $12 billion dollar economy that boasts a high concentration of highly educated workers, a world-class bioscience and advanced technology sector, and a solid manufacturing and agriculture tradition that blends our rich heritage. With a strategic location, highly educated workforce, lower cost of business relative to other locations in the region and a comprehensive transportation network, Frederick County is a prime location for businesses. Our softer side of amiable country, small-town and suburban streets bordered with attractive housing options, a high-performing public school system and a low crime rate with state-of-the-art healthcare make this one of the best places to live in America.
But don’t take our word for it – check out our most recent bragging rights:
- 2021 – Top 10 Remote-Ready Cities in the US (Frederick #6) – Livability
- 2021 – The 25 Coolest Towns in America to Visit in 2021 (Frederick #8) – Matador Network
- 2020 – Most Arts-Vibrant Large Community (Frederick/Gaithersburg/Rockville #9) – SMU|DataArts
- 2020 – Vegan-Friendly Towns and Small Cities (Frederick #3) – PETA
- 2020 – Best Business Climate (Frederick #4) – Metro and Global Rankings Report
- 2020 – Top 100 Best Places to Live (Frederick #47) – Livability
- 2019 – Biotechnology Strength (Maryland #4) – Business Facilities
- 2018 – Fastest Growing City in the DMV (Frederick #1) – U.S. Census Bureau
- 2016 – Top Areas for Economic Growth Potential (Frederick County #8) – Business Facilities
- 2016 – Most Diverse Cities in America (Frederick #8) – WalletHub
- 2016 – World’s Best Cities for Craft Beer (Frederick #16) – Matador Network
- 2016 – Top 50 Places in the South (Frederick #20) – Southern Living
Frederick County is home to Fort Detrick and the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center, as well as most of the nation’s biological defense programs. The county is also a leader in worldwide life-saving research with the National Cancer Institute’s Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, AstraZeneca, Lonza, and ThermoFisher all calling Frederick County home. Major employers like Costco Wholesale, United Healthcare, Flying Dog Brewery and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage also have major operations located here in Frederick County – home to big ideas.
We invite you to share in our success and when your company is ready to locate or expand, please contact us.