Join this seminar to learn:
- how trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- why any new business should select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- the importance of doing a complete search and whether to use an attorney.
- what to do if another trademark owner sends a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- how to apply to seek federal registration and the role of the USPTO.
- how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
- what happens after registration.
Presenter: Craig Morris, Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Alexandria, Virginia. Currently, he is the Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach.
- February 19, 2019 / 10:00 AM — February 19, 2019 / 12:00 PM
- Frederick Innovative Technology Center
- 4539 Metropolitan Court Frederick, MD 21704