Frederick County Workforce Services: https://www.frederickworks.com/online-resources
Due to unprecedented volumes of claims, the Department of Labor has updated the process for applying for benefits. Please visit Labor's Unemployment homepage for additional details.
IF A CLAIMANT IS HAVING PROBLEMS FILING
If someone is having difficulty placing a call or accessing the website, he or she can email email@example.com. Employers can email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 410-767-2412.
- If someone's job or business has been impacted by the coronavirus, please read COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
- To learn more about the work-search requirement exemption, please visit Work Search FAQs.
- To learn about the federal "CARES" Act, please see FAQs.
- To find additional information about Maryland's unemployment insurance program, please visit the Unemployment Insurance webpage.
- For information about programs to support Maryland businesses, please visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Businesses. This site also includes a FAQ sheet.
Please be aware that the Division of Unemployment Insurance’s website and call centers are currently experiencing an unprecedented volume of users due to COVID-19. This may result in long wait times. We understand claimants are experiencing trouble getting through. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank callers for their patience during these uncertain times.
Please be assured that Maryland does not have a waiting week like many other states do. No matter when or how a claimant files, he or she becomes eligible for benefits starting the day after they separated from employment. If a claimant is eligible, he or she will be paid for all benefits due.
If you are an employer seeking assistance, please e-mail email@example.com.
If you are an employer seeking Bulk Claim Services for all affected employees, please e-mail UI.BulkClaim@maryland.gov or call or call (410) 767-3252.