To support, retain and foster the growth of existing businesses in Frederick County and attract new businesses that bring career opportunities that enable Frederick County citizens to work where they live.
Services Available for Existing Frederick County Businesses & New Businesses:
- Provide site selection assistance using our CoStar©
database for available land & buildings.
- Coordinate services with the Maryland
Department of Business & Economic Development (DBED), including
financial assistance packages and training assistance programs.
- Assist companies with the County permitting process including Fast Track Permitting.
- Assist developers in partnership with the Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development (DBED) for the potential of Tax Increment Financing for large projects.
- The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) assists small businesses (start-ups or existing) with
a variety of services, including: business plan creation, obtaining
financial assistance, etc.
- The Entrepreneur Support Network is a responsive and proactive network of service providers for entrepreneurs and businesses in all stages of growth.
- The Fort Detrick Business Development Office was created to to be the primary portal to help establish partnerships between commercial businesses and opportunities at Ft. Detrick.
- The Frederick Innovative Technology Center is the county's first business incubator, founded in 2004, provides a supportive environment, including infrastructure, mentorship and a network of service providers to help Frederick County entrepreneurs achieve success by encouraging technological innovation and accelerating the development of commercially viable technology-based entities.
- BDRD has four target industries (Agriculture, Bioscience, Advanced
Technology, and Manufacturing),
but assists all business types.
- In 2001, BDRD started an Annual Business Appreciation Week program, for additional information,
please contact us.
- Guaranteed customer-friendly, responsive service available to existing
business customers, as well as businesses considering relocation to
Frederick County, by calling us office 301-600-1058.